Improve System Reliability through Infrastructure Maintenance
While funding in constant dollars for Operations & Maintenance (O&M) on America’s inland navigation system had remained flat for decades, Congress has begun to address the shortfall in the last five appropriations bills, with increases in FY ’14 – ’19 and record funding for O&M as well.
- Annual Funding for Operations and Maintenance, Civil Works, and Inland Waterways Trust Fund 2008-2019
See Funding Charts Here
- See the Corps of Engineers’ current schedule for the Consolidated Closures of the Illinois Waterway in 2019 and 2020
Corps IWW Closure Schedule (February 2019)
- On October 7, 2011, a 280-foot section of the Lockport Wall in Illinois collapsed into the river. Watch this video (below) and understand more about the degradation of our nation’s lock and dam infrastructure.
- Watch this short video from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers about the many uses of water
Securing the Nation’s Future Through Water
- Find the Corps’ Lakes and River Division 2019 and 2020 Lock And Dam Major Maintenance Schedule Here
Corps Lakes and River Division 2019 and 2020 Lock And Dam Major Maintenance Schedule (November 2018)
- Learn more about how dredging shipping channels on the Lower Mississippi River can make farmers more competitive in this Soy Transportation Coalition study
“Product Export Flows of Dredging the Lower Mississippi” (May 2018) - add link